Until Now: Unlocking of the NEURO TRONIC System Knee Joint with the Second Stride
In the past, the motion sensors of the NEURO TRONIC controller required a stride to register that the patient was shifting from standing to walking in Auto mode. This meant that the orthotically treated leg could only be flexed during the second stride. During the first stride, the orthotically treated leg remained extended in Auto mode. Until now, our recommendation was therefore that it is advisable or even required to initiate the first stride with the orthotically treated leg.
- Only if appropriate gait training had taken place beforehand did the patient not find it inconvenient to move the extended leg forward first.
- During the second stride, the system knee joint was unlocked in the swing phase and a knee flexion with the orthotically treated leg was possible.
- This was not available when treating both legs. In these cases, the first stride always had to be done with two legs extended.
New: Unlocking of the NEURO TRONIC System Knee Joint with the First Stride
As part of the update of the Expert App and the controller, we have optimised the e-motion algorithm. This optimisation allows for the motion sensors of the controller to register the movement earlier and unlock the system joint at the right moment – as soon as the first step is made with the treated leg.
- This allows the patient to make the first step with their healthy leg. During the first step with the orthotically treated leg, i.e. the second part of the stride, the system joint will be unlocked already.
- The patient does not have to get used to always making the first step with the orthotically treated leg when walking.
- Especially for patients where both legs are treated, this leads to a more smooth motion sequence and enables a more physiological swing phase from the very first step.
The improvement is available for all controllers from the following versions:
- controller ET3830 with exchangeable batteries: v2.84
- controller ET3845 with Bluetooth and exchangeable batteries: v3.0.47
- controller ET3840 with Bluetooth and a rechargeable battery: v3.0.47
Have you already made the update for your patients? We appreciate your feedback! Feel free to contact our Technical Support at +49 4131 24445-0 or support(at)fior-gentz.de.