This online tutorial describes the conversion of a NEURO SWING-CLASSIC into a NEURO SWING system ankle joint. The NEURO SWING-CLASSIC system ankle joint provides a static plantar flexion stop and a dynamic dorsiflexion stop. You can convert it into a NEURO SWING system ankle joint in order to have a joint with a dynamic plantar flexion stop and a dynamic dorsiflexion stop.
You will find more information about the system ankle joints in the manual of the NEURO SWING-CLASSIC and in the manual of the NEURO SWING.
In addition, you can find the online tutorial about the joint assembly of the NEURO SWING system ankle joint here.
Conversion of NEURO SWING-CLASSIC into NEURO SWING
The NEURO SWING-CLASSIC is a system ankle joint with static plantar flexion stop and dynamic dorsiflexion stop. In only a few steps, you can convert it into a NEURO SWING system ankle joint with dynamic plantar flexion stop and dynamic dorsiflexion stop.
To demount the cover plate, proceed as follows:
- Unscrew both countersunk flat head screws.
- Place the washer on the cover plate and screw the pressing screw into the thread of the second screw. The pressing screw must not be screwed in completely.
- Push the joint's upper part and the cover plate apart by exerting force on them as illustrated (see arrows). This can be achieved by using a vice or by controlled knocks.
- Remove pressing screw and washer.
To do so, you need:
- the NEURO SWING cover plate with the corresponding system width;
- an additional spring unit for the second spring duct with the chosen spring force as well as
- an additional screw unit for the second spring unit with the corresponding system width.
In order to mount the NEURO SWING cover plate, grind the system stirrup along the marked laser lines.
Check if the NEURO SWING cover plate fits well in the laminate and adapt the laminate, if necessary.
Note: When laminating, the same assembly/lamination dummy and shaping dummy is used for both NEURO SWING-CLASSIC and NEURO SWING. Thus, the space at the laminate should be sufficient when converting the joint.
Joint Assembly NEURO SWING
While doing so, please note the steps of the assembly for the NEURO SWING system ankle joint.
Last Update: 27 November 2018